Our apparel and accessories are made to be handed down from generation to generation, but they do need a little tender loving care along the way. Below, we have listed some essential care information, as a supplement to the care instructions found on the labels of our pieces, in order to allow you to make your purchases from Britannical stand the test of time.
Like all the best people and things, our coats are not high maintenance, but they are particular. Adopting these few small habits can make them look fresh from the workshop for years to come:
- We recommend that all coats are hung up when not worn and, preferably, stored in a zipped garment storage bag.
- To keep the cloths that we use vibrant, coats should be stored out of direct sunlight and at room temperature. Our coats are meant to be worn and loved, but should be kept away from liquid and food to avoid damage. Needless to say, our coats, like any garment, should be kept away from naked flames. Rest assured, though, that the pure cashmere, lambswool, and merino cloths that we use in the majority of our coats are naturally fire retardant.
- The luxury wool cloth outers of our coats have been specially selected so they do not pill or malt to any great extent. Any excess fibres that appear when the coat is first worn can simply be removed by hand or with a soft coat brush.
- Last but not least, our coats should be professionally dry cleaned when necessary, but never for the sake of it.
WOOL CLOTH GARMENTS
Our garments that feature luxury wool cloth should be cared for in much the same way as our coats. We recommend that the coats are pressed and dry cleaned from time to time by a professional.
- Our accessories in woven silk should be stored away from sunlight and at room temperature, preferably on hanger or laid flat in their original presentation box.
- They should kept away from liquids and should be professionally dry cleaned.
CASHMERE & LAMBSWOOL KNITWEAR
- We recommend that ourknitwear is stored at room temperature and out of direct sunlight.
- Our knitwear should be either professional dry cleaned or carefully hand-washed at a low temperature and on a specialist setting for delicate cloths. After hand-washing, our knitwear should be worked back into its original form by hand and left to dry, laid flat, on a drying board.
- We have chosen luxury cashmere yarn and lambswool yarn for our knitwear that does not pill excessively. If some pilling occurs on the first few occasions that the knitwear is worn, simply remove any excess fibres by hand.
- We recommend that our leather goods are kept away from water, and are stored away from direct sunlight and at room temperature.
- Leather goods should be treated periodically with leather feed.
Have you lost a button on one of our garments? Don't despair. Simply contact us here and we will send you a replacement.